Sunday, April 09, 2006

Run Forrest, RUN!!!

I ran today...

After quite a long layoff from my daily run... not that i had much of a run to begin with neways.. but back to the topic at hand..

so, i ran today.. for the first time in weeks... or months, actually...

I'd had a basketball workout with a bunch of guys ive started playing with recently... had an average game, considerin i hadnt played basketball in over a year (more on that later)...

After basketball, I felt like running... for no reason at all.. now those of u who know me will have guessed sumthin mite have been seriously wrong.. cuz i HATE running, even thou i used to do it quite frequently... I mean, put me in a futsal or basketball game, then sure i'll run my a** off... cuz at the point im focusing on the game, not on the running.. but put me on a jogging track or a treadmill, n im like Homer Simpson after a long hard day of work (wonder if u'll catch the irony in that...)

so all of a sudden i felt like running... so after a brief rest, i got on that treadmill down at the condo gym... n mann, i ran...

no seriously, i RAN... not as fast as.. umm, whoever's dominating the sprinting scene these days (i'd mention Marion Jones, but with all due respect, a woman's name might not do too good to me right now).. nor did i run as long as Forrest Gump..

I went on for 5 miles.. sure, no big deal for all u marathon runners out there... u guys can leave now... for the meagre audience left behind, i continue:

I ran 5 miles, mann... I ran hard.. I ran so frikkin hard I started sweating through my sneakers... The treadmill handlebars were covered in my sweat... Relax, I took a towel along, cleaned it all off when i was done...

So after im done running, I spent a few minutes stretching... n came back up... took a long (n i DO mean LONG) hot frikkin shower, hoping to rest that injured shoulder of mine...

came back up..

n drank the remainder of a bottle of Vanilla Coke...



Thats all...

Dont expect me to talk about any enlightening revelations talking bout my running n all..

I just wanted to record this moment in my personal record books as the day I get back to my daily running routine... ofcourse it doesnt have to go as far as 5 miles everyday, does it... i mean, with all due respect, am i kenyan man with a number on my back?????


P.S. For all illiterate ppl who might misinterpret that last statement, I seriously respect the people of Kenya... one of my closest friends is kenyan, n he can vouch for that... after he beats the living sh*t outta me, that is...

No comments: