Tuesday, March 13, 2007

the Dark(er) Side...

My dear friend Kalamari has shoved upon myself the honour of revealing my own 6 idiosyncrasies for all to read about here, so that I may freak out the few friends I choose to keep (in the dark) and therefore totally eliminate any and all possibilities for a shot at a regular social life.

I seriously dont know why, at this point, I'm choosing to ignore my Spider-Sense when it goes BLING!! BLING!!( or is it BUZZ!! BUZZ!! ?? never too sure about that). But hey, ive ignored it before, made shitty mistakes before, never learnt a lesson from em either, and this can be another one of those mistakes to go into the archives...

ofcourse, I dont share this without compensation... upon sharing my abnormalities, I receive the honour of deciding the same fate for 6 other individuals... or Chosen Ones, if u will...

So here we go... First, the rules:

Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 idiosyncrasies (abnormal behaviour, habits etc.) as well as clearly stating this rule. After you state your 6 weirdness you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their multiply id / blog names / nicknames at the bottom of your blog. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says "You’re tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.

Ladies and Gents!!! The 6 nominees are:

1) I cant stand silence. I cant help it. It doesnt matter if I'm working, driving, u name it. I need something running in the background: music/TV. It doesnt even matter If I'm watchin or listenin attentively or not, just the background noise keeps me at peace. The only time I prefer silence is when I'm trying to sleep. Heck, even then, a lil music or leaving the TV on doesnt seem so bad to me... Wastage, i know...

2) I overthink stuff. Its just in my nature. For some reason I spend too much time thinking bout an opportunity, that I just let the opportunity pass away thinkin bout it. Scarlet Johansson cud be standing naked at my doorway holdin a box (not just a pack, an entire frikkin box!!) of condoms, n I'd be thinkin bout the repercussions (Ok, i exaggerate.. its not THAT bad... i think). But frankly Ive noticed I've let 1-2 many good opportunities slip away doing too much thinking... even thou it might not always be a bad thing.

3) I have a fear of animals. There... I said it, admitted it.... I'm a zoophobiac (I hope I got that right).. Though I'm not actually a full-fledged animal hater... I love going to the zoo, I enjoy watching animal documentaries, I've even had pet tortoises.. but for some reason I dont enjoy the idea of laying my hands on animals every chance I get.. THAT I avoid religiously.. sure, ive had minor incidents of close contact with animals n i never freaked out, but i guess i havent had much experience (or fond incidents) of growing up with animals, so thats probably y i'm this way.. being chased by dogs and goats (a LOOONG time ago) didnt really help the situation... n i HATE CATS!!! which is kinda paradoxical considerin the Arabic meaning of my name... neways, ive said it a million times: I only love animals if it gets cold enough... ponder that, if u will...

4) I collect scrap. No, not to the point where I own a junk yard and go up to ppl's places n ask for their daily junk. I just have the habit of thinking twice before throwing anything away. A certain receipt may not be thrown away in case I need it for refunds. A business card may be kept safely for future reference. An old raggedy shirt might not be thrown away so I can use it as my 'handyman' shirt. Alot of the stuff I keep may also be for sentimental reasons... yeah yeah, ok, u got me.. i can be pretty sentimental at times, but Damn if im gonna write that as 1 of my abnormalities... I'm a MAN!! and we men hide our damn sentiments... ur gonna have to get me drunk or friggin pissed off to see any of that side... anyways, the show must always go on...

5) I need my daily dose of alone-time. Though I dont really know if this qualifies as an abnormality. Pretty much everyone I know needs some time everyday to 'reflect' on their recent ongoings. I dont exactly install sound barriers in my room, place yoga mats n get down into some weird Kamasutra pose n meditate (hmm.. shud giv that a try sometime...).. I just need to be alone for a few minutes, be it while driving on my own someplace, lyin in bed, while takin a long walk... never in the washroom thou.. aint no thinkin goin on in there :P .. abnormality #1 still applies here thou.. I'm perfectly capable of doin some deep-thinkin with Metallica, Seether or Nickelback blasting away in the background..

and for the Grand Finale...

6) I (sometimes) go commando at nite...

I'm gonna give u a lil time to let that sink in....


Ok... That's bout all the time u get to ponder that one before I add my own reasonable explanation.. Its a habit I picked up during the HOT, HUMID summers I spent in Dubai... even with the air-conditioners on at nite, one was often left pondering over the possibilities for makin the nites a little more bearable.. Its not something I indulged in during my months in the UK.. I doubt my roommates would have lasted long knowing the only protection from permanent loss of sight was the darkness... It was not the case in KL thou... y'all know wut the weather in KL is like, and that definitely merits yours truly's choice of.. ermm, nightwear... Mind you, never did it when we had guests over... n its not like id go streaking thru the house at nite like some REALLY freaky version of Shrek, either... i was safely contained with the boundaries of my room (and its many windows).. and thats all I have to say on that.. end of discussion..

So... Thats 6 of may various quirks.. I expect my friend count on Friendster to be goin down any minute now... doesnt matter anyways... my true friends stand right by me.. right here... ermm.. where'd they go?? Dammit!!!

N before I forget: Joining us next time on Share-it-All-N-Die will be:

1) El Diablo Corneo
2) Bodicea
3) Malcolm
4) Andrew
5) Munaks
6) Kotak (as u mentioned, u had a few more to share ;) MuahahahaAHA..)

Winners will be notified via MSN Messenger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asad = cat?

XD

Diego said...

errm... almost..

in Arabic, asad = lion..

lion = big cat... so technically ur right :P

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog yet (still deciding whether to scrap it) so I'll fill it up here.

1) I love roundhouse kicks
That's right fools. Chuck 'F@#king' Norris is in the house (and soon, the world) with his fearsome, kitten-scaring roundhouse kicks.

2) I overthink about kicks.
Roundhouse kicks, to be more precise. The extension of the leg, to the feet, towards the person's face. Yes, roundhouse kicks are more than just kicks. And yes, I do get a kick our of roundhouse kicks.

3) I have a fear of roundhouse kicks.
I love roundhouse kicks as much as I fear them. What if someone roundhouse kicks me one day (gasp). Unless it's Chuck Norris, than it's cool to be roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris.

4) I collect roundhouse kicks.
You read that right. I collect images of Chuck Norris performing his roundhouse kicks. From his Texas Walker Ranger days to anything before that. I even have a picture of Chuck Norris in a Scottish kilt doing a roundhouse kick. Upskirt.

5)I need my daily dose of roundhouse kicks.
Nuff said.

I (sometimes) roundhouse kick at nights.
Shudder. Can't get enough of Chuck Norris. Shudder.