Tuesday, March 21, 2006

its c-c-c-c-ccc-ooollddd.. in KL!!!

Hmm.. been a while since I last wrote sumthin here... Its not like i havent had somethin to complain/whine about... just that I havent been bothered lately... plus, the feedback I get from some folks about how negative n spiteful my posts r... well, read the title ppl, thats wut its all about in this blog... so either read it, or beat it...

neways... nothin new happenin lately... got back to training... had my first session yesterday since the injury.. turned out to be a bit more taxing than I expected.. not that it was unbelievably exhausting, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I barely slept an hour the night before..

They say there r 3 essential pillars of physical fitness or success in any physical endeavour... miss out on any one of them, and any amounts of the other 2 wont be able to make up for it: Training, Diet, Rest...

Cud it be the diet?? very very possible.. i mean hey, there r only so many veggies a guy's system can digest before he starts reminiscing about the aroma emanating from his one true love: Beef...

Yes I enjoy chicken too... thoroughly.. though Id like to proudly admit the current bird-flu scare has deterred me from consuming my daily portions of our H5N1 infested friend, it'd just be a lie... n i prefer tellin the truth n stickin it out (unless there's personal physical pain involved, ofcourse)... ive been eating chicken like there's no tomorrow... come to think of it, wut if there ARE no chickens left tomorrow??? I guess my diet might be responsible for half of that, but thats beside the point mann... theyre dyin... EAT EM BEFORE THEY GO OUT!! err.... wait, i meant SAVE EM BEFORE THEY GO OUT!!!

Guess I gotta cut down on the fast food n junk...

Training... well, those of you who know me personally know thats one department I'm certainly not lacking in... I try to train 5 days a week (notice the word 'try').. But there is sumthin called overtraining, but ive heard that happens more commonly with weight-training... still, if ur not gettin enuff sleep, whilst at the same time managing to screw ur health on a SERIOUSLY greased/lubricated/oiled/deep-fried diet... well, welcome to Obe-City (obesity, get it?? no?? get lost..) n ofcourse, Fatigue-ville... come to think of it, I'm a definite supporter for the notion that we should all sleep more often.. sometimes in groups of 2 or above (with certain applicable rules, ofcourse)... however, there's seems to be a general frowning upon that sort of thinking within the office environment.. I mean, hey, i'm only nappin so I can be more productive for the remainder of my working hours... yeah, they should DEFINITELY be payin me for that... sleep on our OWN time?? naahhh no way, thats for party-time...

Basically, I've started realizing what a difference the proper amount of sleep can make in your workouts.. sure i knew it before.. i just chose to ignore it... but for some reason I seem to be more worn out these days... r the effects of symptoms of old age finally catching up with me?? I'm a few months above 23, so I guess I can safely rule that one out...

Anyways, I'm thinkin of goin back to the gym today... spoke to my instructor last nite, got a basic outline of the gym routine he follows so as to strengthen myself appropriately for capoeira... have a lil wager goin on in the back of my head: 10 bucks says i'll wimp out before the first squat n blame it on the shoulder injury... still am frikkin sleepy though... definitely need to dive right into bed as soon as i get home from training...

I'm kinda afraid of that gym though... not cuz of all the national body-builders who workout there n stuff.. aint no way theyre gonna be able to embarass my lil build by showin off their Hulk-like bulks... ive been way too embarassed in life already to take somethin like that seriously... nahh... wut scares me is I have a tendency of gettin into fights... n the odds r usually against me (we're talkin ohh...maybe 5 guys to 1...) since i always workout alone... n plus, there r steroid pushers in the gym... they go crazy mann...

sigh... lets see how it goes.. still frikkin sleepy thou... n the arctic conditions in my office arent helping either...i think if i look around, i might find an eskimo somewhere in the conference room... bitch better be sellin some parkas...

later ppl... it aint easy sittin here dozing off n tryin to think of my next line at the same time..

No comments: